After the Granby, Colo. club was acquired by the local homeowners association in June 2013, annual rounds have increased 40%, and construction of new homes has spurred an expected 14% growth in membership in 2019. Significant expenditures have also been made for new equipment and facility improvements.
After the Grand Elk Homeowners Association in Granby, Colo. purchased the Grand Elk Golf Club, including its clubhouse and maintenance facilities, in June 2013, the club’s PGA Head Professional, Mike Ritter, reports that “We have a lot of new building going on here, club membership is growing, rounds have increased dramatically, and the club is on firm financial footing going forward. In addition, the golf course is back in excellent condition, with improvements being made each year.”
Specific improvements and evidence of growth that have occurred at the property since that purchase, Ritter reports, have included:
· A 40% increase in annual rounds since 2013
· Over $250,000 spent on new maintenance equipment in 2019
· Ongoing refurbishment of bunkers and bridges on the golf course
· Acquisition of a new Club Car fleet (60 cars) in 2016 that includes the state-of-the-art Visage GPS system
· GolfBoards added in 2016
· Hiring of a new General Manager, Larry Burks, in 2018, to bring his over 35 years’ experience in the golf industry to Grand Elk.
· Expansion of kitchen space for the Grand Elk Grille by 70%, and replacement of all refrigeration in the Grille
· Completion of a 30-year reserve study for the club and HOA in 2018
· Development of Homeowners committees for Strategic Planning, Social, Golf, and Design and Review
· An increase in new-home construction that will translate to at least a 14% growth in club membership in 2019, with 34 new homes currently under construction or having just been completed. Specific aspects of this construction activity have included:
– 14 homes in the Elk Track neighborhood (10 of which are under contract) by Koelbel and Company, a Colorado native developer. In total, Koelbel plans to develop over 150 homes in various neighborhoods in Grand Elk .
– Phase 1 (with 12 units under construction) of a planned 110-unit townhome development at Eagle Ridge, a Grand Elk neighborhood being developed by Royal Oak
– Eight additional custom homes currently under construction
– The addition of 15 casitas in 2015 to the Wordmark by Wyndham complex, located at Grand Elk
It all has added up, Ritter says, to an unending streak of “good news at Grand Elk that has taken place since the Homeowners purchased the Golf Club almost five years ago, and a true success story here in Granby.”