During the event at the Mamaroneck, N.Y., property, club and resort chefs from across the globe prepared dishes at live action stations to celebrate the launch of the 568-page coffee table book, which features recipes, photos, and interviews from the kitchens and fairways of 16 golf destinations.
On November 10, 2016, Golf Kitchen, a 568-page coffee table book featuring recipes, photos, and interviews from the kitchens and fairways of 16 golf destinations worldwide, officially launched at a Friends of James Beard Benefit dinner at at Winged Foot Golf Club in Mamaroneck, N.Y.
The event attracted nearly 200 Winged Foot GC members who had the unique opportunity to sample dishes from six live action stations manned by chefs and pastry chefs Dishes ranged from foie gras lollipops to braised short ribs to a wild berry ice cream that was frozen a la minute with liquid nitrogen.
“We’re excited to be able to host this event and showcase some of the culinary talent in our industry,” said Rhy Waddington, Executive Chef of Winged Foot GC.
“Some of the finest chefs in the golf industry prepared an incredible menu for the members and guests at Winged Foot Golf Club to mark the day for Golf Kitchen,” said Golf Kitchen author Diana DeLucia, who was at the event, signing books for those interested in purchasing one. “These chefs and their teams have inspired me with their love and passion for their craft and their dedication to changing the way golf and club kitchens are viewed. They are paving the way for change and setting the bar high. They are influencing other private clubs and staffs to improve their culinary culture. And they are making their members very proud.”
The clubs featured in the book include:
• Winged Foot Golf Club – Mamaroneck, N.Y.
• Golf du Palais Royal/Golf de l’Ocean – Morocco
• Old Waverly Golf Club – West Point, Miss.
• Kingston Heath Golf Club – Australia
• Laguna Lang Co / Banyan Tree Lang Co – Vietnam
• The Royal Adelaide Golf Club – Australia
• Tradition Golf Club – La Quinta, Calif.
• Casa de Campo Resort – Dominican Republic
• The K Club – Ireland
• Cassique Course at Kiawah Island (S.C.) Golf Resort
• Valderamma – Spain
• Sebonack Golf Club – Southampton, N.Y.
• Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve – Dorado, Puerto Rico
• Arnold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club & Lodge – Orlando, Fla.
• Emirates Golf Club – Dubai
• The Greenbrier – White Sulphur Springs, W. Va.
Portions of the proceeds from book sales will benefit World Central Kitchen, which supports impoverished children around the world, as well as Folds of Honor, which provides scholarships to the spouses and children of soldiers killed or disabled in service.
For more information about Golf Kitchen, or to order, visit www.golfkitchen.com.