The remodel is the first of this scale in the White Bear Lake, Minn., yacht club’s history, which was established in 1889. Updates include two new swimming pools, a deck dining facility, a sailing pavilion with a fire pit, permanent restrooms on the golf course, and an update to the tennis house.
Established in 1889, the White Bear Yacht Club in White Bear Lake, Minn., recently completed a $3.2 million renovation—the first remodel of this scope in the club’s history.
Updates include two new swimming pools with a fiv-lane lap pool and a zero-entry wading pool. A new deck dining facility that overlooks the pools and White Bear Lake was added. A new sailing pavilion, complete with a fit pit, was built as well. Permanent restrooms were constructed on the golf course, and the tennis house received an update. The lakeshore underwent a restoration project to preserve the lakefront scenery.
“This remodel is the perfect reflection of our desire to keep our tradition the bedrock of our actions while making sure the future needs of our loyal club members are well accommodated,” said Commodore Dennis S. Duffy. “To our knowledge we are the only club in the state that offers a celebrated 18-hole golf course, competition pool, splash pool, clay tennis courts and yachting.
“This remodel is a result of our strong desire and commitment to remain attentive and responsive to our current and next generation of members. The changes we’ve made will provide an end result of a membership with an ingrained sense of community that looks forward to the club’s future viability.”
The club has an 18-hole Donald Ross-designed golf course known for its rolling hills. It is currently ranked 5th in the State of Minnesota by Golf Digest and 66th in Classic Courses in the United States by GolfWeek. It is a designated Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary, the tenth course in Minnesota and 290th in the world to receive this honor.