Rufus Brijalba, Director of Golf at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa in Austin, Texas, says Group business and “buddy” groups has picked up significantly.
Boasting four world class golf courses, including some of the best in Austin and Texas, the Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa knows a thing or two about golf. Director of Golf, Rufus Brijalba has been seeing some trends lately at the resort and its courses.
- Golfers are looking for an experience. These types of golfers check in and play golf in the afternoon, then play the next two mornings as well.
- Getting great golf clubs is one of the biggest trends at the resort. Golfers can schedule a fitting with our master fitters online and get custom grips, etc.
- As far as apparel goes, the resort is seeing vibrant colors as a big trend. Guests are also looking for custom made hats for a bachelor party or golf outing of 9.
- Walking has become a trend for member golf at the resort, but not so much when players are traveling to the resort.
- Group business (buddy groups) has picked up significantly. For example, people travel with 8-16 golfers, and play for several days, sometimes multiple rounds a day. Sometimes the courses and resorts are willing to book at a small discount for both the golf and hotel stay.
- A big trend is that the groups are looking to continue golf activities into the night, such as glow golf competitions, closest to the pin events or a glow golf putt-putt.