Using solar panels to power golf cars will help country clubs and resorts save money, increase their efficiency and lower their environmental impact. Seth Hansen, Marketing and Communications Manager at PowerFilm Solar, discusses the multiple reasons why these organizations should consider using solar-powered golf cars.
By Seth Hansen
- Extended Battery Life – Extend charge cycles up to 50 percent;
- Increase Driving Range – Increase driving range by as much as 50 percent;
- Reduced Charging Costs – Save an estimated 20 percent in yearly electrical costs;
- Environmental Advantages – Offset over 250 pounds of carbon dioxide production annually; and
- Easy Installation – Weighs less than ten pounds and installs quickly, with no special tools.
About the Author
Seth Hansen is PowerFilm Solar’s Marketing and Communications Manager and has been with the company since 2015. PowerFilm specializes in custom solar solutions meeting design, power-output, and timeline needs of customers. Utilizing both flexible amorphous silicon and semi-flexible crystalline silicon, PowerFilm selects the best technology for your specific application. Controlling each step in engineering, design, and production, PowerFilm delivers the highest quality and performing systems.