The Arizona-based management company will strengthen its presence in the southeastern U.S. by adding 14 properties located in Alabama, Florida, Mississippi and North Carolina.
Scottsdale, Ariz.-based Troon has announced the acquisition of Honours Golf, a management company based in Birmingham, Ala. that currently manages 14 golf course and club properties in Alabama, Florida, Mississippi and North Carolina.
The properties that will be part of the acquisition include:
- Cider Ridge Golf Club, Oxford, Ala.
- Cherokee Ridge Country Club, Union Grove, Ala.
- Craft Farms Golf Resorts, Gulf Shores, Ala.
- Gateway Golf Course, Montgomery, Ala.
- Highland Park Golf Course, Birmingham, Ala.
- King & Bear at World Golf Village, St. Augustine, Fla.
- Kiva Dunes, Gulf Shores, Ala.
- Lagoon Park Golf Course, Montgomery, Ala.
- Maggie Valley Club & Resort, Maggie Valley, N.C.
- NorthRiver Yacht Club, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Peninsula Golf & Racquet Club, Gulf Shores, Ala.
- Reunion Golf & Country Club, Madison, Miss.
- Rock Creek Golf Club, Fairhope, Ala.
- Slammer & Squire at World Golf Village, St. Augustine, Fla.
“Honours Golf is an ideal addition to the Troon family,” said Tim Schantz, Executive Vice President, Global Development Officer, Troon. “Both companies share complementary values, and the combination will undoubtedly help each company continue to grow, particularly in the southeastern United States.”
“I am delighted to join with Troon in this new and exciting opportunity,” said Bob Barrett, CEO, Honours Golf. “Troon has for many years been the leading golf management company, and I look forward to the collaborative effort to help advance both the Troon and Honours names.
“Our companies share similar values with a focus on high brand standards, and I am excited about what the future holds,” Barrett added. “Troon’s worldwide reach and expertise will help grow the Honours name and provide a wonderful opportunity for Honours’ team members, by being part of a larger platform.”
“Bob Barrett is one of the most respected business leaders in our industry,” stated Dana Garmany, Chairman and CEO, Troon. “Everyone at Troon is excited to welcome Bob and his team into the Troon family and to move forward in growing both brands and expanding our services.”
Troon’s acquisition follows an even larger consolidation also involving southeast U.S. properties that was announced earlier this year, when Dallas-based ClubCorp, the industry’s largest management company, acquired 50 properties from Atlanta-based Sequoia Golf http://clubandresortbusiness.com/2014/08/13/clubcorp-acquires-sequoia-golf/