• Devil’s food cake
• Chocolate mousse filling
• Flourless chocolate cake balls
• White chocolate pate with brandied cherries
For plate presentation
• Caramel sauce
• Chocolate sauce
• Fried mint
• Whipped cream
• Melted chocolate
• Use individual rings to cut out the devil’s food cake, fill with mousse mix and set.
• Temper couvertures (dark, milk and white).
• Pipe lines on strips of acetate with the milk. Cover with the dark and wrap around the set mousse and cake after the mixture has been unmolded.
• Glue two 1/2 spheres of flourless chocolate cake with melted chocolate. Roll in cocoa powder.
• Make fans with white and dark couvertures.
• Make chocolate cigarettes with white and milk couvertures.
• Make dark couverture strips with wavy lines.
• Make chocolate hippen masse. Cut stencil in geometric shapes.
• Unmold white chocolate pate. Slice and glue the chocolate strips.
• Cut a small circle out of one side of the cake mousse ring. Glue to plate with ganache.
• Add chocolate cigarette and fan. Fry mint for the garnish.
• Glue flourless cake ball to plate. Add a rosette of cream. Apply the hippen masse to the cream and touch up with the fried mint.
• Stand up the chocolate pate.
• Drizzle with a chocolate sauce and apply of dots of caramel sauce.
Tell Us What You Think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.