Home-style fare. Generational wine. Bowls. Mash-ups. Mocktails. Small plates. Solo diners. Sustainability.
There are so many trends influencing today’s club and resort food and beverage menus that it can be difficult to choose which ones will attract your clientele. The one thing these trends all have in common is a focus on what patrons want—and their preferences are as diverse as they are. Libbey® is here to help clubs and resorts chose the right trends and products to craft culinary experiences for their guests by Serving Experience™ and opening the door to help build business with:
Libbey Professional Insights: Today’s hottest trends; compelling tabletop, bar and hospitality products; channel expertise; and masterful presentations that drive Big Profits. Rave Reviews. Full Houses.
“Today’s diners expect nothing less than an experience, and clubs must wow to keep them coming in,” said Susan J. Dountas, director of marketing for Libbey Foodservice. “Integrating the right trends for your establishment using glassware and tableware can help create memorable events, whether an intimate dinner or a large party, that patrons will return for again and again.”
To help set your table for success, Libbey has collected four trends for 2017:
Today’s patrons choose how, when and what they eat. Serving a nation of “clockless” snackers requires a more flexible, accommodating tabletop.
Snackification – Patrons want grab-and-go options, where small, satisfying bites are meals. A reserve of smaller bowls and dinnerware for sharing are ideal for clubs and resorts.
A wine of the times – Boomers drink red wine more frequently, while Millennials select labels based on personal connections to the brand. Adding a range of casual-to-cocktail-hour glassware will keep bars ready for whomever they serve.
- Master’s Reserve®: Update wine offerings with what wine lovers of any age want– quality glassware that elevates the experience.
- Shabby Chic Dinnerware: Textured layers and laid-back patinas are the perfect pedestals for culinary masterpieces.
Today, dining is an event and patrons want a shareable memory or show-and-tell moment. Whether together or solo, guests expect the best.
Home-style fare – Large format dining is back, especially for weddings and parties, with patrons passing heaping bowls and platters around the table just like at home.
Solo diners – Eating alone is becoming a social norm. Guests enjoy taking a quiet dinner in the club dining room or a drink in the bar solo.
- Syracuse® China and World® Tableware: Versatility in sizes and shapes offer universal appeal with a broad palette of white to statement-making colors.
Declare Your Independence
Today’s diners are frequenting establishments that reflect their values and personalities. Libbey products can transform your tabletop into an extension of your brand.
Good for all – Patrons want experiences that stress sustainability, clean menus and zero-waste. Add veggie main courses, nose-to-tail platters and bowls to your menus to entice these customers in.
Mash-ups – Imaginative pairings, like savory desserts, sushi burritos and gourmet fast food will draw in the most adventurous of diners to clubs and resorts.
- Driftstone dinnerware – A great value, this durable, versatile place setting harmoniously integrates organic style with four mix-and-match colors.
- AnDer Beer Taster – Enhance the foam, aroma and flavors for beer tastings and flights.
- Master’s Reserve® beer glasses – Elevate the craft beer experience with the right glass for the right beer.
Pour Me Another
Propelled by the craft movement, “the drink” and its potential to increase sales continues to be one of the hottest trends going. Libbey glassware is essential to the taste experience, and key in selling premium spirits.
Speakeasy Spirits – Expect more guests to request craft bourbon and whiskey.
Art of the craft – Patrons seek creations by maverick mixologists.
- Master’s Reserve® Bourbon Taster – Enjoy the scent before the sip for a multisensory experience.
- Moscow Mule – Helps to intensify the limey kick while keeping the drink colder longer.
- Infinium® – Expand your beverage selection with mocktails, smoothies and juices served in upscale plastic drinkware that is ideal for outdoor settings, like patios and poolside.
“The right glassware and tableware can help clubs and resorts capitalize on trends to elevate the guest experience,” Dountas said. “Libbey is a partner for the foodservice industry, offering a variety of trends and products that celebrate insightful trend knowledge to help you trend toward extraordinary success.”
For more inspiration, products and trends, go to http://insights.libbey.com/