The Sarasota, Fla., property will close the 18-hole golf course from May 1 through October 2017 to install a new irrigation system, restore and re-grass the greens and fairways, enhance the bunkers, do drainage work, and re-shape and level the tee complexes. The property’s Stadium Course will be open throughout the process.
TPC Prestancia in Sarasota, Fla., will begin extensive renovations in 2017 to its Club Course. Updates will include a new irrigation system, re-grassing of greens, tees and fairways, bunker enhancements and amenities designed to improve Member experience and course playability.
The project will include:
• State-of-the-art Toro irrigation system featuring mainline technology with dual support lines to provide complete coverage
• Restoration of greens to original design and greens re-grassed with Champion Bermuda for a consistent putting surface
• Re-grassing of fairways with Celebration Bermuda and the restoration of the original fairway contours
• Bunker enhancements throughout the course
• Extensive drainage work
• Re-shaping and leveling of the Tee complexes to enhance the character of each hole
The Club Course will be closed for renovations from May 1 until October 2017. In an effort to serve members and guests during the closure, the TPC Prestancia Stadium Course will be open thought the renovation process.
“The upcoming renovations will reinvigorate the Club Course and restore its unique character,” said General Manager Bob Holzman. “The improvements to the Club Course will improve course conditions, playability, and pace of play delivering a completely new look and feel while providing unmatched club offerings in the Sarasota area.”
The Club Course, a championship golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, includes Grand Oak tree lines, classic doglegs and carry over water. The course offers family-friendly tees with 12 tee options.