Rob D. Podley, CCM, CAM, General Manager of Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, Fla., says Xillennials, trapped between Generation X and Millennials, bring with them a magical blend of characteristics and experiences that can revolutionize the way clubs are run and managed.
Prepare yourselves for the epic rise of Xillennials in country club leadership. These magnificent beings, trapped between Generation X and Millennials, are storming the hallowed halls of country clubs with their unique set of skills and quirks. Born in the late 70s and early 80s, they’re like a mixtape of refined etiquette and questionable fashion choices. They’re too old to keep up with TikTok dances, but young enough to appreciate the charm of an Atari game.
When it comes to club leadership, the emergence of Xillennials is nothing short of a phenomenon. As they ascend to positions of power, they bring with them a magical blend of characteristics and experiences that can revolutionize the way clubs are run and managed. Here’s a glimpse of what makes them stand out:
1. Techno-wizards: These Xillennials grew up in a time of mixtapes and Walkmans, witnessing the transition to smartphones and social media. They’re the masters of blending vintage charm with digital finesse. Get ready for country club newsletters delivered via your choice of carrier pigeon or drone. They’ll have your club embracing the latest gadgets without compromising on that timeless sense of sophistication.
2. Bridging the generation gap: Xillennials have one foot in the world of classic traditions and another in the realm of Snapchat filters. This unique position allows them to bridge the generation gap between seasoned club members and the younger, tech-savvy crowd. They’re like the translators of the country club world, making sure everyone is on the same page while still laughing at their hilarious memes.
3. Work hard, play harder: Xillennials have witnessed the shifting tides of the workplace. From cubicles to remote work, they know how to balance professionalism with leisurely indulgence. Expect country club events that seamlessly blend networking with poolside lounging and brainstorming sessions with cocktail tastings. These leaders know how to make work feel like a vacation … or is it the other way around?
4. Social media maestros: Xillennials have seen the rise of social media from its early days of MySpace profiles to the era of Instagram influencers. They’re the experts in curating the perfect online persona, capturing the essence of country club sophistication one hashtag at a time. Brace yourselves for social media accounts that make the British royal family’s tea parties look like a low-budget production.
5. Risk-takers with a touch of panache: Xillennials have weathered economic storms and emerged with an adventurous spirit. They’re not afraid to shake up the country club scene and introduce new, exciting activities. Imagine golf tournaments with glow-in-the-dark balls or wine tasting on horseback. These leaders bring a dash of daring and a sprinkle of sparkle to the prestigious grounds of the club.
The rise of Xillennials in country club leadership marks an exhilarating new chapter. Their technological prowess, knack for bridging generational gaps, work-life balance finesse, social media expertise, and audacious spirit are poised to reshape the country club experience. Get ready to embrace the best of tradition and modernity under their charismatic and oh-so-stylish guidance.