At its annual meeting in New Orleans earlier this month, The Professional Golfers Association (PGA) of America Board of Directors named four new incoming district directors, an independent director and new player director. The Board is comprised of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Honorary President and 17 directors who establish Association policy. The directors include representatives from each of The PGA’s 14 districts, two independent directors and a member of the PGA Tour. The new appointments include:
• District 3 Director: Hunt Gilliland, Director of Golf, Council Fire, Chattanooga, Tenn. Dixie, Gulf States, Tennessee
• District 7 Director: Michael Tucker, Head Golf Professional, Bellerive Country Club, St. Louis, Mo. Gateway, Midwest, South Central
• District 11 Director: Sue Fiscoe, Director of Golf, Creekside Golf Course, Modesto, Calif. Aloha, Northern California, Southern California
• District 12 Director: Ronny J. Glanton, Head Golf Professional, Sherrill Park Golf Course, Richardson, Texas. Northern Texas, Southern Texas, Sun Country
• Independent Director: Asuka Nakahara, Associate Director, Zell-Lurie Real Estate Center at Wharton, Merion, Penn.
• Player Director (replaces Brad Faxon), PGA Tour Player: Zach Johnson, St. Simon’s, Ga.