2 to 3 large Texas Ruby grapefruit
1 ripe avocado
12 cups mixed lettuce leaves
12 cooked crab claws
4 ozs. jumbo lump crab meat
1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Peel and segment the grapefruit; place in a bowl. Reserve 1 cup grapefruit juice for dressing.
- Peel and cut the avocado into 12 slices.
- Toss the mixed lettuce leaves, lump crab meat and tomatoes in a bowl with the dressing (receipe below).
- Place on four plates.
- Arrange 6 to 8 grapefruit segments, three slices of avocado and three crab claws around the lettuce.
Yield: 4 servings
For the Citrus Dressing:
1 cup fresh grapefruit juice
½ cup fresh orange juice
1 tbsp. chopped shallot
1 clove crushed garlic
½ tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. hot red pepper sauce
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the reserved grapefruit juice, orange juice, shallots, garlic, Dijon mustard and hot sauce in a blender.
- Slowly add extra-virgin olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Submitted by Michael Parker, Executive Chef, The Club at Carlton Woods, The Woodlands, Texas
Tell Us What You Think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.