Golf Channel and Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev popped into the Hilton New Orleans Riverside to share the cookoff on an upcoming edition of The Morning Drive. Cooking demonstrations and entrepreneurial discussions provided attending chefs with myriad information to take home to their clubs.
Features: • Disc Blade—The design of the disc blade creates dense and pourable culinary foam, flavored whipped cream, mousse, infusions, and emulsions with minimal splashing • Durable Materials—BPA-free Eastman® Tritan® copolyester and double-sealed bearings provide strength and durability • Improved Efficiency—Easily process high volumes and batch foams on demand, with the flexibility to blend at…
And the 2017 Mystery Basket Winner is…
On a terrace filled with colleagues who were fully captivated by the action, Blue Hills CC’s Todd Walline won the Mystery Basket competition at the 9th annual Chef to Chef Conference. On March 6th, 2017, attendees of the 2017 Chef to Chef Conference gathered for a networking reception on the 14th-floor terrace of the Loews…
First Full Day of Sessions Held in 2017 Chef to Chef Conference
Food demos and presentations by a slate of chefs at the top of the club industry started the first full day of sessions on March 6, with the ever-popular Chef to Chef Live held in the afternoon. Todd Walline, CEC, CCA, of Blue Hills Country Club in Kansas City, Mo., won the Mystery Basket competition held in the evening, with a Vitamix blender as the prize.
Vitamix Drink Machine Advance®
- From fruit smoothies to thick shakes, the Drink Machine Advance is the ideal machine for adding or expanding a blended beverage program and bringing greater control and precision to drink creation
- Pre-programmed with six of the most commonly blended drinks in coffee and smoothie shops
- ≈2 peak output horsepower motor and 32-ounce container allow for several servings in a single batch
- Offers power and precision to maximize serving abilities and expand menu offerings
- Engineered to reduce prep time and improve staff efficiency without compromising the artistry of a dish, resulting in labor and time savings
- Variable speed control dial and pulse function provide further flexibility and creativity
Vitamix – The Quiet One®
- Operates at 18 decibels below its competitor, or four times quieter, specifically designed to create a more enjoyable environment
- Innovative door seal design and patent-pending floating technology significantly reduce vibration transmission and improve air flow
- Six program buttons with 34 optimized programs
2014 Chef to Chef Conference Kicks Off March 2
For the sixth straight year, C&RB’s annual chefs conference will boast record attendance. The festivities commence at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter on Sunday, March 2 and extend through Tuesday, March 4. Follow @Club_and_Resort on Twitter for live updates as the event progresses.
Caramel Espresso Frappé
Caramel Espresso Frappé yields approximately 3 ½ cups Ingredients: 1 cup skim milk ½ cup brewed espresso (or double-strength coffee), chilled ¼ cup caramel sauce/sundae topping ¼ cup hot cocoa mix 2 cups ice cubes Directions: 1. Combine ingredients and, using The Quiet One, choose program 3. Courtesy of Vitamix
Vitamix Launches “Blend Off” Challenge
Cleveland, Ohio-based Vitamix is giving chefs the chance to “flex their blending muscles” and compete against other top chefs from across the country in a “blend off” at the 2010 StarChefs.com International Chefs Congress. Competing chefs will battle it out by creating a dish that showcases a Vitamix blender in an unusual, innovative way. …