Half of the clubhouse at Charlevoix (Mich.) CC was completely destroyed by a fast-moving blaze that started in a kitchen stove. The course maintenance garage at Burlington (Vt.) CC suffered heavy damage from a smoky fire that started when a barrel filled with oily rags spontaneously combusted inside the hot building.
Golf Cart Fire Burns Down Plum Brook GC Shed
A faulty gasoline-powered golf cart at the Sterling Heights, Mich., property caught fire on June 12, causing an estimated $60,000 in damage when the flames spread to a cart shed. The golf course was up and running two days later, and rented carts are available.