3 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs.)
2.5 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1.5 teaspoon smoked paprika
.5 teaspoon each sea salt and ground pepper
1 large garlic clove
2 green onions, roughly chopped
.5 teaspoon sea salt
1 jalapeno, stemmed and roughly chopped
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
1 tablespoon fresh oregano
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 ripe avocados
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Wash and dry sweet potatoes and cut into 2″ wedges.
- Put the wedges, paprika, salt and pepper in a large plastic bag and toss to coat.
- Arrange sweet potatoes, being careful not to overlap them, on a large rimmed baking tray. Drizzle olive oil on each wedge.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until edges are brown. Serve warm with California Avocado Chimichurri for dipping.
For California Avocado Chimichurri:
- In a food processor, combine the shallot, green onions, garlic and salt. Process until finely chopped. Add the jalapeno and pulse until chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until roughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, roughly mash the avocados, adding spoonfuls of the chimichurri blend until seasoned to taste.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Recipe courtesy of California Avocado Commission.