2 18-oz. Duncan Hines yellow butter recipe
cake mix or Gold Medal Super Moist
yellow cake mix
1 cup butter (use real butter)
1 1/3 cups water
1 cup sour cream
• Mix together all ingredients. Divide batter into four 9-inch pans. Bake at 300º F for 20 to 25 minutes.
• Let cakes cool in the pans for 10 to 15 minutes. Flip over onto a parchment-lined sheet pan and refrigerate.
• Save the best cake layer for the top.
For the Coconut Icing:
1 ½ lbs. coconut (Coral Bay medium shred)
1 ½ lbs. sour cream
1 ½ lbs. 10X sugar
3 tbsp. Malibu Coconut Rum
• Mix all ingredients together and chill.
• Ice each layer with coconut icing. Let icing fall down the sides and leave the cake layers exposed on the side of the cake.