1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
1 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
¼ cup TABASCO brand Sweet and Spicy Pepper Sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 lb fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps thinly sliced
4 scallions, cut crosswise into thirds, then lengthwise into julienne strips
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Bring 1 ½ inches water to a boil with ginger and add chicken.
- Poach at a bare simmer until just cooked through, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from poaching liquid and finely shred.
- Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, and Tabasco in a large bowl to make dressing.
- Heat vegetable oil in cleaned skillet until hot but not smoking, then sauté mushrooms until done.
- Add scallions, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste and sauté, stirring until scallions are just softened.
- Add to dressing, then add chicken and cilantro and toss.
Tell Us What You Think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.