Yield: 6 servings
For the White Bean, Artichoke, and Arugula Ragout:
3 cups cooked white beans (cannelini)
2 cups braised artichoke hearts, quartered
1/4 cup tomato concasse
1 lb. fresh arugula
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
2 tbsp. chopped shallot
1/2 cup white wine
to taste salt and pepper
• Cook the white beans and artichoke hearts; drain and allow to dry prior to beginning.
• Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Note: If the pan is hot enough, the olive oil will have the same viscosity as water in the pan; if the pan smokes, it is too hot.
• Add the chopped shallots to the pan and sauté until translucent.
• Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
• Add the artichoke hearts and white beans to the pan, and stir to incorporate evenly. Cook until the beans are heated through, and add the arugula to the pan.
• Add the tomatoes; deglaze the pan with the white wine and cook until the arugula is wilted.
• Season with salt and pepper, and serve warm.
For the Olive Tapenade:
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
2 cups pitted Kalamata olives
2 tbsp. chopped garlic
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
2 tbsp. capers
1/2 cup stuffed green olives
1 cup olive oil
• Place all ingredients except for the olive oil in a food processor.
• Pulse the processor until the ingredients are blended evenly.
• Turn the processor on to low and drizzle the olive oil in while the blade is chopping.
• Once all the oil is incorporated, reserve for service