Eleven club managers have earned the awards for 2020. The scholarships, named for Sally Burns Rambo, CCM, provide financial assistance to female club managers interested in furthering their professional development, by covering tuition costs and travel expenses to attend one of the Club Management Association of America’s Business Management Institutes.
The Club Foundation has announced the 2020 recipients of the Sally Burns Rambo Scholarship. Established in 2012 by The Club Foundation with the assistance of the Texas Lone Star Chapter of the Club Management Association of America (CMAA), the scholarship program honors mentor, role model, and pioneer Sally Burns Rambo, CCM, who paved the way for the success of countless club industry leaders.
The scholarship awards provide financial support to female club managers interested in furthering their professional development. Recipients receive the tuition costs and travel expenses to attend their choice of one of CMAA’s Business Management Institutes.
The 2020 recipients of Rambo Scholarship awards are:
· Kristin Aleshire, Chicago Yacht Club, Chicago, Ill.
· Amy Beardsley-Comerer, The Country Club of Rochester, Rochester, N.Y.
· Holly Bilotti, Bay Head Yacht Club, Bay Head, N.J.
· Elisha Cicerone, CCM, Chevy Chase Club, Chevy Chase, Md.
· DJ Holcomb, The Country Club at DC Ranch, Scottsdale, Ariz.
· Millie Harper, CCM, North Ridge Country Club, Raleigh, N.C.
· Leslie Ludlow, CHSE, Glendora Country Club, Glendora, Calif.
· Emily Parker, Knickerbocker Club, New York, N.Y.
· Kathryn Reinhart, Country Club of Maryland, Towson, Md.
· Ashly Ryan, Philadelphia Country Club, Gladwyne, Pa.
· Rachel Zilka, Park Country Club of Buffalo, Williamsville, N.Y.
Now in its 30th year, The Club Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, was established by the CMAA to fund the life cycle of a club manager’s career, providing financial support for five key areas: students, faculty, club managers, CMAA chapters, and the club industry at large. It supports the advancement of club management professionals, funding industry education programs through scholarships and grants. For more information, visit www.clubfoundation.org.