Yield: ½ sheet cake pan, 3-in. tall
For the graham crust:
2 lbs. graham cracker crumbs
1 lb. butter, melted
8 ozs. granulated sugar
- Spray and paper the bottom of a rectangular ½-sheet cake pan.
- Mix graham crumbs, butter, and sugar together well.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of cake pans, approx. 1/3-in. thick.
- Bake at 300º F. in convection oven for 3 to 5 minutes, just to set. Let cool.
For the cheesecake filling:
3 lbs., 7 ozs. cream cheese
1 lb., 6 ozs. granulated sugar
1 lb., 4 ozs. sour cream
13 ea. eggs to taste vanilla
18¾ ozs. canned pumpkin
2 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ginger
¼ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. cloves
For the swirl:
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar until soft.
- Add sour cream. Scrape bowl well.
- Add eggs and flavorings slowly.
- Pour into pans with graham crust.
- Drizzle or pipe melted ganache lines over the top.
- Drag a paring knife through the lines to create a marble pattern.
- Bake at 270˚ F. in a convection oven in a water bath, until firm
- Cool, then freeze cake. Unmold frozen cheesecake and cut into rectangles.
- Serve with pistachio semifreddo, pistachio streusel, and burgundy poached pears.
Submitted by Jennifer Kopp, Executive Pastry Chef, The Metropolitan Club of Washington (D.C.)