The Melrose Leadership Academy and Equipment Management Experience will send 12 members of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America to the 2022 GCSAA Conference and Trade Show, February 5-10, in San Diego, Calif. The Kendrick B. Melrose Family Foundation was founded by the late Ken Melrose, former CEO and chairman of Toro Co.
Support from the Kendrick B. Melrose Family Foundation, founded by the late Ken Melrose, former CEO and chairman of Toro Co., and longtime friend and supporter of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA), will give 12 GCSAA members the opportunity to attend the 2022 GCSAA Conference and Trade Show, February 5-10, in San Diego, Calif.
The Melrose Leadership Academy supports the professional development of GCSAA superintendent members while the Melrose Equipment Management Experience provides professional development for GCSAA equipment managers. Both programs are administered through the GCSAA Foundation, the philanthropic organization of GCSAA.
Melrose established the Melrose Leadership Academy in 2012 followed by the Melrose Equipment Management Experience in 2019. Both programs provide positive learning experiences, professional development, networking and educational opportunities for superintendents and equipment managers, and ultimately, enhance the game of golf.
Participants of both programs are chosen through an application process based on financial need, volunteerism and a desire to advance their careers. Seven superintendents have been chosen for the 2022 Melrose Leadership Academy and five equipment managers have been chosen for the 2022 Melrose Equipment Management Experience.
“The Melrose Leadership Academy and the Melrose Equipment Management Experience are testaments to Ken’s legacy and lasting impact on GCSAA and the golf industry. We’re grateful for the continued support of the Kendrick B. Melrose Family Foundation,” GCSAA CEO Rhett Evans said. “Congratulations to the 12 winners whose professional development will undoubtedly be furthered through participation in these exceptional programs.”
The members of the 2022 Melrose Leadership Academy are:
– Brian Cloud of Cedar Hills Golf Club in Cedar Hills, Utah.
– Chad Higaki of Ted Makalena Golf Course in Waipahu, Hawaii
– Shane Hughes of Zintel Creek Golf Club in Richland, Wash.
– Josh Loy of Stewart Meadows Golf Course in Medford, Ore.
– Mike Lueking of McDaniel Golf Course in Westminster, Md.
– Donovan Maguigan of Springdale Golf Club in Princeton, N.J.
– Chris Walton of Coatesville Country Club in Coatesville, Pa.
The members of the 2022 Melrose Equipment Management Experience are:
– John Borsos of South Park Golf Course in Pittsburgh, Pa.
– Jason Calderwood of Dedham Country and Polo Club in Westwood, Mass.
– Daniel Heinze of The Kansas City Country Club in Mission Hills, Kan.
– Shane Pokorney of Colbert Hills Golf Course in Manhattan, Kan.
– Alec Welch of Essex Country Club in Manchester, Mass.