4 ozs. jumbo lump blue crab
1 ea. red beet
1 ea. golden beet
1 oz. truffle aioli (see below)
4 ea. chives
1 oz. petite greens
to taste salt and pepper
For the Truffle Aioli:
2 ea. whole eggs
6 ozs. vegetable olive oil
½ oz. truffle oil
½ ea. juice of lemon
1 tbsp. white vinegar
to taste salt and white pepper
Truffle Aioli Method:
* Crack eggs into small bowl or mixer.
* Add vinegar and lemon juice.
* Slowly wisk the mixture, adding the vegetable oil until it gets to the consistency of mayonnaise.
* Add the truffle oil, salt, and pepper. (Note: Truffle oil can be very strong, so only add as much as desired.)
* Roast red and golden beets until tender. Discard the skin and small-dice each beet, keeping them separate.
* In two small bowls, season the beets with salt and pepper.
* Place the PVC ring in center of plate. Arrange the beets in the ring, being sure to add one color, then the other, for presentation.
* In a small bowl, add the crabmeat. Be sure to pick the crabmeat of any shells.
* Add the aioli and season with salt and pepper.
* Add the crabmeat to the top of the beets, and remove the PVC ring.
* Drizzle truffle aioli around the product, and garnish with fresh-cut chives and petite greens.
Tell Us What You Think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.