The 2010 PGA Fall Expo Education Conference, featuring more than 20 key topics presented by recognized experts in their field, will be offered at no cost to attending PGA Professionals and golf buyers, August 17-18 at the Venetian Resort and Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Timely seminar topics include social media strategies; creative pricing practices; top teaching techniques; green golf strategies; and better bottom-line management. Seminars and keynote presentations will take place on Tuesday, August 17, 9:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. and on Wednesday, August 18, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The Education Conference seminars will continue to be led by the industry’s foremost experts from The PGA of America, Association of Golf Merchandisers and successful golf business leaders, plus provide PGA members with MSR credits for each hour attended.
- Currently, the education conference topics and speakers are as follows and will be regularly updated at www.pgaexpo.com.
- Be a Complete Game Coach, Lynn Marriott, PGA, Pia Nilsson, Vision54
- Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter: Growing Your Business through Social Media, Paige Balocki, Turner Sports
- Best Practices – General Management – Things You Should Know, Mark Black, PGA
- Creative Pricing and Ways to Generate Revenue, Al Sutton, PGA – 2006 Southwest MOY
- Unlocking the Open-to-Buy – THE Tool for Managing Inventory, Tracy Moffatt
- Enhance Your Complete Game Coach Communications and Feedback Skills, Lynn Marriott, PGA, Pia Nilsson, Vision54
- Brain-based Approach for Game Improvement, Michael Hebron, PGA, Susan Berdoy Meyers, PGA
- The Inventory Challenge – How Much Do You Need?, Tracy Moffatt
- Teaching vs. Learning – Developing Approach, Michael Hebron, PGA, Susan Berdoy Meyers, PGA
- Water Rights and Environmental Issues Impacting Golf, Christine Garrity, PGA Legal Counsel, The Podesta Group
- Shrinkage – Better Controls for a Better Bottom Line, Tracy Moffatt
- POS System Reports: Finding, Understanding and Using Jonas Reports to Monitor Your Business, Tracy Moffatt and Jonas.
- Vendor Roundtable – Looking Ahead: Trends and Fashion, led by Vicki Bernstein
- Building a Referral Machine for Your Golf Facility, Andrew Wood, Legendary Marketing
- Get Golf Ready/Play Golf America- Attract Students, Generate New Golfers, Ron Stepanek, PGA, and Del Ratcliffe, PGA
- Talent Management – How Your PGA Team Supports You, Dawes M. Marlatt Jr., PGA, Kathy Wilkes, Ron Stepanek, PGA
- You Can’t Buy Loyalty With Discounts, Andrew Wood, Legendary Marketing
Additionally, several complimentary PGA Professional career and employment programs will be offered at no cost in the PGA Member Business Center. The PGA of America also will hold a PGA Member Town Hall with PGA President Jim Remy and Chief Executive Officer Joe Steranka in the PGA Member Business Center on Tuesday, August 17, at 3:00 p.m. Through participation in the complimentary education seminars, career programs, Town Hall and PGA Fall Expo events, PGA members may earn up to 20 MSR credits towards the PGA Professional Development Program cycle ending June 15, 2011.