1ea Hybrid Striped Bass scaled
Cornstarch todust fish
tt Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil tosauté
Smoked Crab – Corn
OliveOil to sauté
1/4 ea RedOnion
1 tsp Garlic minced
3 ears Corn shucked
12 oz CornStock
1 tsp Thyme chopped
1 ½ oz Creamcheese
2 tsp Parsley chopped
as needed Lemon
2 oz JumboLump Crab smoked
8 oz All-purposeflour
3ea Egg yolks
1ea Whole egg, for pasta
1tbsp Olive oil
2tsp Sea salt
1ea Whole egg, for eggwash
Fava Bean Sauce
4 oz Favabeans cleaned
1/2 oz Applewoodbacon
1/4 ea Redonion minced
12 oz Chickenstock
1 clove Garlic whole
1 ea Sachet
2 oz HeavyCream
1 oz UnsaltedButter
tt Saltand Pepper
2 ea Lemons segmented,skins zested without pith, reserved
2 oz Sugar
2 tbsp Water
MethodFOR THE STRIPED BASS
- Rinse fish and dry well
- Remove fillets from carcass and cut into four equal portions leaving skin on and diamond hatching skin
- At service season with salt, pepper and dust lightly with corn starch
- Sear in heavy bottom sauté pan on high heat to crisp skin
FOR THE SMOKED CRAB RAVIOLI
- Heat olive oil in small sauce pot
- Add red onion and garlic and sauté to aroma
- Add 1/3 of the corn, corn stock and thyme.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Take the reserved 2/3 corn kernels and pass through a juice extractor, reserve.
- When kernels are cooked and liquid is reduced, add the cream cheese and corn juice.
- Stir constantly until mixture is thickened, remove from the heat and place on an ice bath.
- Add parsley, season with lemon, salt, pepper and chill thoroughly.
- Roll out pasta dough to desired thickness, place in ravioli tray and fill with corn mixture.
- Place 1 lump of smoked crabmeat in each ravioli.
- Brush dough with egg wash to seal, press to seal and cut in desired shape.
- Reserve for service
- At service cook in boiling salted water, strain out and toss in olive oil, salt and pepper
FOR THE PASTA DOUGH
- Using ingredients listed follow standard procedure for pasta dough.
- Allow to rest for at least 20 minutes before using
FOR THE FAVA BEAN SAUCE
- In small saucepot combine beans, bacon, red onion, chicken stock, garlic and sachet.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until beans are soft.
- Remove from heat, strain, reserving liquid.
- Reserve 8 whole beans for service. Remove sachet and place all ingredients in robot coupe
- Add liquid and blend until smooth.
- Strain through chinois back into small saucepot.
- Return to heat, add cream, bring to a simmer and reduce to correct consistency.
- Monte with butter, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Strain into preheated thermos and reserve for service
FOR THE LEMON CONFIT
- Finely mince zested peels
- Place in small pot with cold water and bring to a boil, strain
- Repeat two more times
- Combine in small pot blanched zest with lemon segments, sugar and water.
- Bring to a simmer and cook slowly until mixture is reduced to desired consistency
- Remove, chill and reserve for service