For mise en place:
2 ea. duck breast, fat trimmed and scored
12 ozs. soba noodles, cooked
1 ea. red pepper, julienned
½ ea. red onion, julienned
2 ea. blood oranges, segmented; reserve the juice for vinaigrette
2 ea. green onion, cut on a bias
1 ea. carrot, peeled into strips
to taste soy sauce
to taste sesame seeds
• Season duck breast with salt and pepper; place duck fat side down in a hot pan.
• Cook 2 to 3 minutes until fat is rendered, then place in 500-degree oven for about 6 to 7 minutes, or until medium rare. Place on a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
• In a bowl, mix soba noodles, red pepper, onion, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Season the mixture lightly with pepper.
• In a separate bowl, drizzle the blood orange segments with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
• Place peeled carrots into a 350-degree fryer and cook until crispy; remove from oil and drain on paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
• Place 3 ozs. of the Soba Noodle Salad in the center of the plate.
• Slice the duck breast on the bias and fan over the top of the noodle salad.
• Toss the julienned green onions with the blood oranges and place on top of the duck breast.
• Drizzle the remaining blood orange juice around the plate.
• Top with carrot chips.