Bobby Crifasi of New Orleans CC has been elected as President of the Club Managers Association of America for 2018, Randall Ruder of the Beach Point Club will be this year’s Vice President, and Mark Bado of Myers Park CC will be Secretary-Treasurer. Four Board members were elected or re-elected as Directors, with five others continuing to serve.
The Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) has announced its 2018 Officers and Board of Directors. Voting for officers and directors was conducted online and in-person at CMAA’s 91st World Conference on Club Management in San Francisco during the first full week of March, and the election results were announced at the event’s closing business session.
The 2018 CMAA Officers are:
- President, Robert J. “Bobby” Crifasi, CCM, CCE, CPA, General Manager, New Orleans Country Club, New Orleans, La.;
- Vice President, Randall J. Ruder, CCM, CCE, General Manager, Beach Point Club, Mamaroneck, N.Y.;
- Secretary–Treasurer, Mark A. Bado, MCM, CCE, General Manager, Myers Park Country Club, Charlotte, N.C.; and
- Immediate Past President, Robert C. James, CCM, CCE, CHE, of New Canaan, Conn.
Newly elected or re-elected as Directors are:
- Brian R. Kroh, CCM, General Manager of John’s Island Club, Vero Beach, Fla. (re-elected to a two-year term);
- Richard L. LaRocca, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer of The Country Club of Orlando, Orlando, Fla. (elected to a three-year term);
- Christina A. Toups, CCM, CCE, General Manager of Ridglea Country Club, Fort Worth, Texas (re-elected to a three-year term); and
- Michael S. Wheeler, MCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Cherokee Town & Country Club, Atlanta, Ga. (elected to a three-year term).
Directors continuing to serve on the CMAA Board are:
- Frank Cordeiro, CCM, Chief Operating Officer, Diablo Country Club, Diablo, Calif.;
- Eric Dietz, CCM, CCE, PGA, General Manager and COO, Mountain Lake, Lake Wales, Fla.;
- Joe Mendez, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Germantown Cricket Club, Philadelphia, Pa.;
- Mitchell S. Platt, MCM, CCE, General Manager, Cosmos Club, Washington, D.C.; and
- Michael D. Seabrook, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Belle Meade Country Club, Nashville, Tenn.