24 ozs. scallops
1.5 cups fresh garbanzos, husked
1 cup roma tomato, freshly diced
2 tbsp. shallot
½ cup chives, snipped
6 tbsp. butter, unsalted and softened
½ cup dry white wine
½ tsp. cumin
• Pat scallops dry; dredge in flour sifted with cumin.
• Heat a little oil in sauté pan.
• Sear scallops 1 minute; add shallot, tomato and garbanzos.
• Cook 1 more minute until scallops are barely warm in center. Add wine.
• Continue cooking until flavors come together and wine takes on on a glazed aspect.
• Swirl in butter and chives and let emulsify.
• Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite starch and garnish with chervil.
Tell Us What You Think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.