Yield: 1 14″ pizza, or 2-3 servings
|Onions, yellow, sliced||4 cups|
|Olive oil, divided||5 Tbsp.|
|Bay leaf||1 ea.|
|Salt, divided||4 pinches|
|Black pepper, divided||4 pinches|
|Portabella mushrooms, sliced||2 cups|
|Crimini (or white button) mushrooms, sliced||2 cups|
|Shiitake mushrooms, sliced||2 cups|
|Garlic, minced, divided||3 tsp.|
|Goat cheese||1 ½ cups|
|Thyme, fresh, chopped||1 ½ tsp.|
|Rosemary, fresh, chopped||1 ½ tsp.|
|Chives, fresh, chopped||1 ½ Tbsp.|
|Parsley, chopped||1 ½ Tbsp.|
|TABASCO® brand Green Jalapeño Pepper Sauce||2 Tbsp.|
|Jalapeño, minced||1 Tbsp.|
|Prepared pizza dough||12 oz.|
|Watercress, leaves only||½ cup|
1. Preheat oven to 425˚F.
2. Sauté onions with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and bay leaf over medium-low heat until brown and caramelized, approximately 20-30 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir frequently during the last 10 minutes to avoid burning. Remove bay leaf.
3. In a large preheated sauté pan, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil and cook one variety of mushrooms until a nice brown color. Add 1 tsp. garlic at the end and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Repeat steps for remaining two mushroom varieties. Combine caramelized onions and cooked mushrooms. Set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, thyme, rosemary, chives, parsley, TABASCO® Green Jalapeño Pepper Sauce, jalapeños, salt and pepper. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
5. On a flat work surface, flatten pizza dough into a 14″ circle, leaving a ½” raised rim around the edge. Place on a wooden pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal. Use a fork to poke holes all over the dough. Bake 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and spread in even layer the goat cheese mixture, and then add the caramelized onion and mushroom mixture.
6. Return to oven and bake an additional 5-6 minutes until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and garnish with watercress leaves.