|Ground lamb||8 oz.|
|TABASCO® brand Garlic Pepper Sauce||1 Tbsp.|
|Garlic powder||½ tsp.|
|Orange zest||½ tsp.|
|Black pepper||½ tsp.|
|Salt||1 ½ tsp.|
|Pocketless pita bread, whole wheat, 8”||4 ea.|
|Olive oil, divided||5 Tbsp.|
|Feta cheese, crumbled||1 cup|
|Black olives||½ cup|
|Tomato, ½“ dice||1 cup|
|Red pepper, roasted, ½” dice||1 cup|
|Cilantro, chopped||4 tsp.|
|Mint, chopped||4 tsp.|
|Lemon, cut into wedges||1 ea.|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and preheat grill or grill pan.
2. Combine ground lamb, TABASCO® Garlic Pepper Sauce, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, garlic powder, orange zest, pepper and salt. Mix well until thoroughly combined. Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb sausage mixture, breaking it apart as it cooks. Cook sausage until medium rare, remove from pan and drain excess fat.
3. Brush one side of each pita bread with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Grill on both sides over medium heat.
4. Place pitas on a baking tray. Spread the oiled side of each pita with an even layer of hummus. Top with crumbled lamb sausage, feta cheese, black olives, tomatoes and roasted peppers. Bake 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro and mint. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over pizzas and cut each into 4 pieces.