In recognition of the PGA’s “Family Golf Month,” a selection of American Mensa members, who cite golf as their favorite sport, were asked to share what they think are the best golf courses in America. Following Augusta National in the high IQ society’s top 10 are Pebble Beach Golf Links, The Alotian Club, Bandon Dunes, and Cypress Point Club.
In recognition of the PGA’s “Family Golf Month,” a selection of American Mensa members were asked to share what they think are the best golf courses in America.
With more than 57,000 members, American Mensa members qualify for the organization by scoring in the top two percent of the general population on an accepted standardized intelligence test. Golf is the leading sport that members of American Mensa enjoy.
The Augusta National Golf Course in Augusta, Ga., was the unanimous winner of the survey, followed closely by Pebble Beach Golf Links in Pebble Beach, Calif. When choosing their favorite course, members expressed two common traits to be considered a top course: the beauty and difficulty of the course. Comments ranged from “By far the most beautiful and difficult golf course you could ever hope to play,” to “tough course with immeasurable beauty.”
Members chose their top ten from a list of 30 golf courses from across the country. The top-10 list of golf courses, as selected by Mensa members includes:
1. Augusta National Golf Course (Augusta, Ga.)
2. Pebble Beach Golf Links (Pebble Beach, Calif.)
3. The Alotian Club (Roland, Ark.)
4. Bandon Dunes (Bandon, Ore.)
5. Cypress Point Club (Pebble Beach, Calif.)
6. Castle Pines Golf Course (Castle Rock, Colo.)
7. Chicago Golf Course (Wheaton, Ill.)
8. The Country Club (Brookline, Mass.)
9. The Ocean Course (Kiawah Island, S.C.)
10. Crystal Downs Country Club (Frankfort, Mich.)
To view the full infographic, visit us.mensa.org/topten.
Tell Us What You Think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.