The company kicked off its 2011 Birdies for the Brave campaign at TPC Michigan.
Heritage Golf Group, LLC kicked off its 2011 Birdies for the Brave campaign at TPC Michigan in Dearborn, raising $19,000 to benefit members of the United States Armed Forces and their families. Together, the Heritage Collection of Clubs have donated more than $1.4 million to Birdies for the Brave since 2008.
The August 8 Birdies for the Brave event at TPC Michigan—the first of several scheduled at Heritage Golf Group properties this year—featured a golf tournament, banquet, awards ceremony and raffle contest. Last year, the club’s fundraiser garnered $17,000 for Birdies for the Brave, whose proceeds benefit numerous military homefront groups as part of the Department of Defense’s America Supports You initiative.
“TPC Michigan is once again proud to sponsor Birdies for the Brave, whose contributions make a tremendous impact on the lives of our military members and their families,” said Lee Woodruff, General Manager of TPC Michigan. “As always, the Dearborn community showed its appreciation for the sacrifices made by America’s service members, and we’re grateful to everyone who so generously supported our 2011 event and previous Birdies for the Brave events as well.”
Birdies for the Brave is a primary element of Heritage Golf Group’s philanthropic endeavors. Future Birdies for the Brave events are scheduled at Heritage Golf Group clubs as follows:
- October 24-25 – TPC Eagle Trace (Coral Springs, Fla.)
- November 2 – TPC Piper Glen (Charlotte, N.C.)
- November 4 – Hilton Head Collection (Hilton Head Island, S.C.)
- November 5-6 – Meadowbrook Farms Golf Club (Katy, Tex.)
- November 11 – TPC Prestancia (Sarasota, Fla.)
- November 13 – Legacy Club at Alaqua Lakes (Longwood, Fla.)
- November 13 – White Columns Country Club (Milton, Ga.)
- November 19-20 – TPC Tampa Bay (Lutz, Fla.)
For additional information, visit www.birdiesforthebrave.org.
Tell Us What You Think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.