2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
1 small eggplant, cubed
2 bell peppers, green & red coarsely chopped
4 large market tomatoes, coarsely chopped
3 to 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. fresh basil
1/2 tsp. fresh oregano
1/4 tsp. fresh thyme
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
• In a four-quart saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
• Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 6 to 7 minutes.
• Add eggplant; stir until coated with oil.
• Add peppers; stir to combine.
• Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep vegetables from sticking.
• Add tomatoes, zucchini, tomato paste and herbs; mix well.
• Cover and cook over low heat about 15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender but not too soft.
• Season with salt and pepper.
• Grill pork chops until desired temperature and serve.
Submitted by Josh Tomson, Executive Chef, Devils Grill, Wintergreen (Va.) Resort
Tell Us What You Think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.