C&RB CLUB RECIPE
Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
1 to 2 lbs. flank steak
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
to taste salt and pepper
- Clean all fat and silver skin off the flank steak. Pat with salt and pepper
- Mix olive oil, garlic and rosemary together and cover flank steak with this mixture. Let set for several hours or overnight.
- Grill off flank steak to desired temperature. Slice thin on the bias and serve with chimichurri sauce
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
6 cloves garlic, sliced
2 shallots, sliced
2 cups fresh parsley, packed
1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
1 tbsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup water
- Pulse the garlic, shallots, parsley, oregano, salt and red pepper flakes in a food processor until rough chop.
- Add the oil, vinegar and water and pulse to make textured sauce.
Submitted by Hunter Allen Blair, Executive Chef, Shadow Glen Golf Club, Olathe, Kan.