C&RB CLUB RECIPE
Grilled Artichokes with Smoked Olive Oil Mayonnaise
Submitted by Angel Camacho, Executive Chef, Alpine Country Club, Demarest, N.J.
Yield: 24 pieces (each 1/2 artichoke)
12 baby artichokes, cooked sous vide
smoked olive oil
mayonnaise (recipe follows)
garlic chive crumb (recipe follows)
• Coat cooked artichokes with smoked olive oil and kosher salt; place on charcoal grill.
• Top with smoked olive oil mayonnaise and garlic chive crumb.
For the Smoked Olive Oil Mayonnaise:
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. water
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
4 ozs. extra virgin olive oil
4 ozs. smoked olive oil*
*Smoked oil can be purchased, or prepared by smoking a mixture of blended oil and extra-virgin olive oil (50/50) at 120º F for two hours over choice of wood in a smoker.
• Combine egg yolk, salt, water and lemon juice in blender. Turn the blender to low, then to medium as egg yolk mixture begins to thicken.
• Combine the oils in a measuring cup. Once the egg yolk mixture is semi-thick, start to slowly pour oils into blender until mayonnaise forms.
• Check the seasoning and add salt if needed.
For the Garlic Chive Crumb:
10 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tbsp. chives, finely sliced
1 cup panko
3 ozs. clarified butter
• In a non-stick skillet, place garlic and panko on low heat.
• Continue to heat while adding butter and stirring continuously until golden brown.
• Add sliced chives and salt to taste.