The Lake Geneva, Wis., property, which will change its name to The Ridge Hotel, is planning modern upgrades that will include new dining and drinking concepts, a tech-savvy lobby and reception area, plus a facelift for hallways, restrooms and the gift shop. The property will remain open throughout the five-month construction, which will be set to debut in May 2016.
The 90-acre Geneva Ridge Resort in Lake Geneva, Wis., is about to embark on its second phase of an extensive multimillion-dollar renovation that began in 2011, and will update its name to The Ridge Hotel.
The $4.5 million in sleek, modern upgrades to the hotel will include new dining and drinking concepts, a tech-savvy lobby and reception area accented by a glass-adorned staircase plus a fresh facelift for hallways, restrooms and gift shop—all set to debut in May 2016.
“This rustic 146-room lodge is ready for a high-level redesign that matches the esteemed Geneva National brand with which it is affiliated,” said Geneva National’s president Garth L. Chambers. “Four years ago, we pulled The Ridge under the Geneva National Resort umbrella, establishing it as Golf Club lodging—a move that boosted the hotel’s business some 30 percent. These substantial renovations will raise the bar, brand and business further, positioning Geneva National Resort as the most convenient, affordable and high-end option for a full-service golf and meeting experience in the Midwest.”
Channeling the hotel’s picturesque wooded lakeshore property, the interior incorporates a warm grass green and subtle grey-blue palette, natural maple, river rock and water elements, and a unique use of light to create earth-hewn textures. The re-imagined lobby will draw guests to a buzzing bean + vine coffee and wine bar with countertop seating set against gathering spaces—from oversized sectionals focused on a large flat-screen TV and groupings of lounge chairs intimately arranged hearthside to a communal table wired with USBs and “pebble” ottomans strategically strewn about.
Additional updates include:
- Replacing the Lakeview Grille with Crafted, a new dining venue and cocktail club with panoramic views.
- Staging a statement entry with a grand 3-D perforated ceiling panel through which light depicting river stones cascades onto the floor.
- Swapping the former check-in desk with custom reception pods wrapped in warm leather and doused in amber light.
- Modernizing the first-floor fireplace with stunning linear accents intermixed with wood and stone features.
- Creating an airy staircase beckoning guests to the lower level with glass railings and a sculptural chandelier reminiscent of floating water bubbles.
- Installing all new fixtures while fully refurbishing lobby restrooms, wrapping each in shimmering strips of neutral tiles that drift up the walls from the floor.
The Ridge will remain open throughout the five-month construction project.