The Eatontown, N.J., property evacuated its Gibbs Hall venue after a chemical odor was detected in the basement of the building, and four people were taken to a local hospital. The incident is being treated as a possible gas leak.
A chemical odor in the basement of a building at Suneagles Golf Club in Eatontown, N.J., sickened four people who were taken to a local hospital, the Neptune Township, N.J.-based Asbury Park Press reported.
Gibbs Hall, the property’s banquet facility, was evacuated. The person who detected the odor in the basement of the building called 911 at about 2:13 p.m. The four victims were taken to Monmouth Medical Center, the Press reported.
Sgt. Jeff Flynn of the New Jersey State Police said the incident was being treated as a possible gas leak. New Jersey Natural Gas was on the scene along with Long Branch First Aid Squad, Eatontown Fire Department and other local agencies, the Press reported.
Kenneth Pridgen, the resident PGA pro at the course, said the course was still open, but the response kept people from getting in, the Press reported.