According to The Des Moines Register, a fire on July 28, 2009 caused an estimated $50,000 in damage to the Urbandale (Iowa) Golf and Country Club.
Urbandale Fire Marshal Jon Rech said the fire was caused by combustible materials that were stored too close to a water heater in a mechanical room on the ground floor of the clubhouse. Nobody was at the club at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported.
The club’s general manager, Dan Johnson, said the clubhouse will likely be closed for about a week as repairs are made and the building is cleaned of all damage. He added that the pool will likely reopen sooner and golf course operations were not affected.
“It’s a mess, but fortunately the fire was contained to the mechanical room,” Johnson said.
Tell Us What You Think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.