The VisitScotland tourism office will award a two-week, expenses-paid “job” for two players to play 14 rounds at some of the country’s best courses and document their experiences, with the winning candidate earning the job by submitting a creative video about any golf course. A full-time greenkeeper position is open at Scotland’s historic St. Andrews course.
The VisitScotland tourism office has advertised for someone to play golf in all seven golfing regions around Scotland this fall through a temporary “best job ever,” where the winning candidate will be allowed to bring a companion and get paid for not only playing some of the country’s best courses, but also sampling the best Scottish food, drink and hospitality.
In return, the winning candidate will need to provide an account of their trip for the tourism company’s “Golf Guide to Scotland” and through other means—and to apply, candidates must submit a 60- to 90-second video that reviews any course in a creative fashion.
The application process for the position began on July 9th and will close on July 27th. The successful candidate will be announced on August 3rd, and the two-week trip for the winner and his/her companion will take place between September 1 and 16.
The “job” will require:
- Playing two rounds of golf in each of Scotland’s seven regions along with a companion, for a total of 14 rounds in 14 days.
- Visiting other golf courses in the area to find additional information to help generate further interest in golf visits to Scotland.
- Exploring some of the visited areas’ “19th-hole” offerings, to also document the best food- and-drink experiences for golf visitors.
- Creating Vlogs for YouTube, as well as posts and stories throughout each day on Instagram and other forms of media.
- Creating a complete Golf Guide upon completion of the trip, through a blog as well as a YouTube video of the adventure.
Compensation will include:
- All golf tee times and lunch at the courses that are played, as well as travel to Scotland, bed-and-breakfast accommodations and car hire while in the country
- An allowance of 750 British pounds each for the duration of the trip
Applications can be submitted to visitscotlandgolf.com/bestgolfjob.
A more permanent opportunity to be immersed in Scottish golf also emerged when St. Andrews, “the Home of Golf,” tweeted out a link (https://goo.gl/Unmqbk) to apply for a staff position as a greenkeeper at the historic property. The full job description was posted at https://www.standrews.com/SALT9/media/pdf-forms/Job%20Vacancies/Greenkeeper-July-2018.pdf
Applications for the position, in the form of a resume and cover letter, must be submitted by July 13th to [email protected].
Tell Us What You Think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.