The 2019 Chef to Chef Conference agenda includes four Certified Master Chefs as well as the Legendary Louisiana Chef John Folse.
Club & Resort Business has officially announced the full lineup of speakers for its eleventh annual Chef to Chef Conference, which will take place in New Orleans, from March 10th through March 12th. Presented by Club & Resort Business, the annual event is geared to the specific needs and challenges of club chefs.
The Conference is projected to bring together more than 300 of the county’s top club chefs and food & beverage directors as well as 11 sponsors including Art of Tea, Cres Cor, Electrolux, Kopplin Kuebler & Wallace, Libbey Foodservice, The Montague Company, Northstart Technologies, Pierce Chicken, Sysco, VGM Club, and Villeroy & Boch.
The Conference will take place at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. (Learn more about why New Orleans is the perfect place for the 2019 Conference here.)
The lineup of presenters includes some heavy-hitter club chefs, as well as several Certified Master Chefs, who will present on topics tailored to their skills and experiences. Sessions will focus on career advancement and professional development topics. Chef presenters will also provide practical insights and creative ideas for specific culinary areas including modern twists on classic dishes, pastry enhancements, snack bar ideas, guest chef programs, wellness menus, and going chaferless.
The speaker lineup that has been arranged for the 2019 Chef to Chef Conference includes these presentations:
- Possibilities: The Life of a Chef — Presented by John Folse, CEC, AAC, Chef John Folse & Company, Gonzales, La. (Learn more about Folse’s keynote address here.)
- Looking Closer: Staying Focused on the Key Culinary Details Amid Fast-Changing Trends and Technology — Presented by Russell Scott, CMC, Culinary Director, The Club at Carlton Woods, The Woodlands, Texas
- Integrating Classic International Dishes Into Everyday Club Menus — Presented by J. Kevin Walker, CMC, AAC, Executive Chef, Ansley Golf Club, Atlanta, Ga.
- The Chef as Entrepreneur — Presented by Charles Carroll, CEC, AAC, HGT, Executive Chef, River Oaks Country Club, Houston, Texas
- Insights into Greatness: On-Stage Interviews from Within and Outside the Club Industry —Moderated by Charles Carroll
- Making the Traditional Trendy: Putting a Contemporary Spin on Classic Desserts — Presented by Jennifer Kopp, CEPC, Executive Pastry Chef, The Metropolitan Club of The City of Washington (D.C.)
- Reinventing Your Snack Bar and Other Satellite Dining Venues — Presented by Scott Craig, CEC, CCA, WCMC, Director of Culinary Operations/Executive Chef, Myers Park Country Club, Charlotte, N.C.
- Be Our Guest! How Guest Chef Events Can Invite Members, Guests and Staff to Memorable Occasions — Presented by Nelson Millán, Executive Chef, San Antonio (Texas) Country Club and Richard Jallet, Executive Chef, Baltimore (Md.) Country Club
- Behind the Plate-Up: Motivating and Challenging Your Kitchen Team While Keeping It Focused on the Common Goal —Presented by Joseph Leonardi, CMC, Executive Chef,The Country Club, Brookline, Mass.
- Food and Beverage for Today’s Luxury Customer — Presented by Lawrence McFadden, CMC, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, The Union Club, Cleveland, Ohio
- The Power of Synergy: Combining Culinary Education and Professional Kitchen Training — Presented by Daniel Pliska, CEC, AAC, Chef Instructor, Ozarks Technical Community College, Springfield, Mo.
- Changing Member Culture Through Health and Wellness — Presented by Michael Ponzio, Executive Chef, Medinah (Ill.) Country Club
- Out of the Box Outdoor Events and Going Chaferless —Presented by David Daddezio, Executive Chef, Vicmead Hunt Club/Bidermann Golf Course, Wilmington, Del. and Jerry Schreck, Executive Chef, Merion Golf Club, Ardmore, Pa.
The 2019 Conference agenda will also include a return of the always-popular “Chef to Chef Live” breakout sessions moderated by Jerry Schreck, Executive Chef, Merion Golf Club, Ardmore, Pa., and other leading club chefs, during which attendees can participate in free-flowing interchanges on a variety of topics that are always of interest and concern to all club chefs.
View the full agenda for the 2019 Chef to Chef Conference here and register here. Those registering prior to December 31, 2018 will qualify for an “early bird” discount and all registrants attending will qualify for accreditation credits from the American Culinary Federation and the Club Managers Association of America.