Featured speakers at the 92nd CMAA World Conference on Club Management and Club Business Expo will include Archie and Cooper Manning, who will be joined by ESPN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit; Colonel Nicole Malachowski; Olympic ice-skating champion Scott Hamilton; and Sarah Robb O’Hagan, founder and CEO of Extreme Living.
The Club Management Association of America (CMAA) will host its 92nd World Conference on Club Management and Club Business Expo in Nashville, Tenn., from February 24-28 at the Music City Center. The Conference features workshops, orientations and education sessions leading up to the Expo, which kicks off February 26 at 9:30 a.m.
Featured speakers will include Archie and Cooper Manning—a father-son duo whose examples of persistence, perseverance and leadership transcend the sports world (February 25, 8-10 a.m.). They will be joined by Emmy-Award winning analyst and former quarterback for The Ohio State Buckeyes Kirk Herbstreit.
Also speaking will be Colonel Nicole Malachowski, a 21-year veteran of the United States Air Force and an inductee into the Women in Aviation International Pioneer Hall of Fame (February 25, 4-5 p.m.); Scott Hamilton, an Olympic ice-skating champion, television broadcaster, philanthropist, motivational speaker and author who’s considered one of the greatest male figure skaters of all time (February 26, 8-9:30 a.m.); and Sarah Robb O’Hagan, an executive, activist, entrepreneur and now the founder and CEO of Extreme Living — a company designed to help individuals, teams and organizations play to their highest potential (February 28, 1:45-3:30 p.m.).
Jonas Club Software’s COO Joe Oswald has been invited to speak, as well. Oswald will be joining Derek Johnston, a partner at Global Golf Advisors, and Sarah Bal from CMAA. The panel discussion, Advanced Research and Analytics Lab for Tech Savvy Club Leaders, is scheduled for February 27 at 3:45 p.m. The discussion will focus on how tech savvy club leaders are using analytics to predict future outcomes and make better business decisions.
Jonas Club Software will be exhibiting the company’s latest technology offerings at Booth 716 at the Club Business Expo. Some of the highlights will include Mobile Point of Sale, MetricsFirst and new enhancements to the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application.
“With already over 60 applications, yearly enhancements and new products being introduced each year, oftentimes we have technology available that club management has not heard about,” Director of Marketing and Product Management, Trevor Coughlan said. “The CMAA Club Business Expo is a perfect opportunity for them to come ask questions and find out if there are existing solutions to the technology challenges they face at their clubs.”
A small sampling of additional education sessions includes:
– The Three Most Dangerous & Exciting Tech Trends for Country Clubs in 2019 (12:45 – 1:45 p.m.), by Justin Baer, CEO and Founder of MemberText, the leading text marketing software built exclusively for golf and country clubs.
– Getting Comfortable with an Uncomfortable Topic: Harassment (2 – 3 p.m.)
– How Fitness Has Evolved in the Club Space (1 – 2 p.m.)
– Beyond Customer Service: Gracious Hospitality (2:15 – 3:45 p.m.) by Ann Ashley from The Biltmore.
– How to Upgrade Your Driving Range (12:30 – 12:45 p.m.) by Matt Vinge from Toptracer Range and Topgolf
– Savings on the Uniform Budget: How to Select Uniforms for the Lunch and Dinner Areas (2 – 2:15 p.m.) by Averill Bromfield, Principal at Averill’s Sharper Uniforms.
– Active Threat: Preparedness, Response, & Recovery (8 – 9:30 a.m.), by Peter Johnson of Archway Defense. Prior to establishing Archway Defense, he served five years as a Federal Air Marshal (FAM) International Team Leader conducting counter-terror missions and surveillance around the globe.
– Using Failure as an Attribute: Ways to Make Yourself Stand Out in Getting a Job and Making an Impact 8 – 9:30 a.m.) by professional speaker, trainer, author and business coach Gary Hernbroth.
For a complete list and description of classes and a full schedule of events, download the CrowdCompass AttendeeHub App (Once installed, search “CMAA World Conference”) on your mobile device or access via your computer at event.crowdcompass.com/cmaa19.