The designation through the Club Managers Association of America indicates a long-term commitment to professional development and club management.
The Club Managers Association of America is proud to announce today that it has named 15 new Certified Club Managers. The CCM designation indicates that a club management professional has completed a rigorous course of study and training and shows a dedication to, proficiency and expertise in club management.
The CCM has been the hallmark of professionalism in club management since 1965 and is the cornerstone of CMAA’s member recognition program. It is a valuable and widely-respected mark of a manager’s commitment to professional development and the club industry. In order to receive the CCM designation, one must be a Professional member of CMAA for at least six years, invest time in specified education requirements, attend at least one World Conference and maintain activity within their local chapter.
After these conditions have been met, the individual must pass the CCM Exam. Attainment of the CCM title shows a long-term commitment to professional development and club management.
The following member successfully met all his CCM requirements in May 2014:
- Michael Beam, CCM, Annandale Golf Club, Pasadena, Calif.
The following members successfully met all CCM requirements in November 2014:
- Christopher Barron, CCM, Vermont National Country Club, South Burlington, Vt.
- Matthew Dossey, CCM, The Country Club, Chestnut Hill, Mass.
- Paul J. Flood, CCM, Westwood Country Club, Vienna, Va.
- Jacob Hawley, CCM, Lafayette Club, Minnetonka Beach, Minn.
- M. Kent Johnson, CCM, The Elkridge Club, Baltimore, Md.
- David Jones, CCM, Canmore Golf & Curling Club, Canmore, Alberta, Canada
- Warren T. Lee, CCM, The Meadows Country Club, Sarasota, Fla.
- John D. Meagher, CCM, American Yacht Club, White Plains, N.Y.
- Tyler Pickens, CCM, Farmington Country Club, Charlottesville, Va.
- Robert Podley, CCM, The Club at Cordillera, Edwards, Colo.
- Robert W. Shorter, CCM, Nashawtuc Country Club, Concord, Mass.
- John Wilkening, CCM, Adirondack League Club, Old Forge, N.Y.
- Damon Williams, CCM, Palma Ceia Golf & Country Club, Tampa, Fla.
- Julie Anne Yu, CCM, The Los Angeles Country Club, Los Angeles, Calif.
For more information on the CCM designation and requirements, please visit www.cmaa.org/Certification.aspx.
Tell Us What You Think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.