The designation through the Club Managers Association of America, a hallmark of professionalism in club management, is marking its 50th anniversary in 2015.
The Club Managers Association of America has named 10 new Certified Club Managers. The CCM designation indicates that a club management professional has completed a rigorous course of study and training and shows a dedication to proficiency and expertise in club management.
The CCM designation was established in 1965, and 2015 marks its 50th anniversary. The CCM has been the hallmark of professionalism in club management and is the cornerstone of CMAA’s member recognition program. In order to receive the CCM designation, one must be a Professional member of CMAA for at least six years, invest time in specified education requirements, attend at least one World Conference and maintain activity within their local chapter. After these conditions have been met, the individual must pass the CCM Exam. Attainment of the CCM title shows a long-term commitment to professional development and club management.
The following members successfully met all CCM requirements in January 2015:
• Jermaine Brissett, CCM, Oakdale Golf and Country Club, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
• Linda Caine, CCM, The Chattooga Club, Cashiers, N.C.
• Terrence Feeney, CCM, Sunnybrook Golf Club, Plymouth Meeting, Pa.
• Bruce Furman, CCM, The Peninsula Yacht Club, Cornelius, N.C.
• Jennifer Jacobi, CCM, Tuckaway Country Club, Franklin, Wis.
• Sarah Kuhl, CCM, Beach Point Club, Mamaroneck, N.Y.
• Saleem Malik, CCM, The Weston Golf & Country Club, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
• Kumar Ramjoo, CCM, Maple Downs Golf and Country Club, Maple, Ontario, Canada
• Jesse Smith, CCM, Noyac Golf Club, Sag Harbor, N.Y.
• Jerome Smojver, CCM, Lakeside Country Club, Houston, Texas
The Club Managers Association of America would like to extend sincere congratulations to its newly certified members and encourage them to continue their professional development in the future. For more information on the CCM designation and requirements, please visit www.cmaa.org/Certification.aspx.