At their 83rd World Conference on Club Management, February 8-13 in San Diego, Calif., members of the Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) elected the 2010 officers and Board of Directors. Allan S.U. Lum, CCM, (Certified Club Manager), CCE (Certified Chief Executive), general manager of Waialae Country Club in Honolulu, Hawaii, was elected President; Kevin Carroll, CCM, CCE, general manager/COO of The Loxahatchee Club in Jupiter, Fla., was elected Vice President and Lawrence J. “Skip” Avery, CCM, CCE, general manager of Country Club of St. Albans in St. Albans, Mo., was elected Secretary/Treasurer.
Elected or re-elected as directors to three year terms were:
- Tony D’Errico, CCM, CCE, general manager/COO of Westwood Country Club in St. Louis, Mo. (re-elected);
- Peter C. Davies, CCM, general manager of The Wianno Club, Osterville, Mass.; and
- Damon J. DiOrio, CCM, CCE, CEO of Charlotte Country Club in Charlotte, N.C. (re-elected);
Elected as directors to one year terms were:
- Ronald A. Banaszak, Jr., CCM, general manager of St. Francis Yacht Club, San Francisco, Calif.;
- Three Carpenter, CCM, general manager, Dallas Country Club, Dallas, Texas.
Members continuing to serve on the CMAA Board include:
- Michael Leemhuis, CCM, CCE, (Immediate Past President), CEO/general manager of Congressional Country Club, Bethesda, Md.;
- Richard H. Bayliss, Jr., CCM, CCE, (Director), COO of The Lost Tree Club in North Palm Beach, Fla.;
- Jill Philmon, CCM, (Director), general manager of Columbia Country Club in Blythewood, S.C.; and
- David V. Stieglitz, CCM, (Director), general manager of Jacksonville Golf & Country Club in Jacksonville, Fla..
- Terra S. H. Waldron, CCM, CCE, (Director), general manager/Vice President and COO of The Desert Highlands Association in Scottsdale, Ariz.
The CMAA Officers and Board of Directors work closely with CMAA members and allied associations to develop and promote high standards of professionalism, leadership and education in club management.