Randy Ruder of the Beach Point Club in Mamaroneck, N.Y. will head the Club Management Association of America as its new Chairman. Mark Bado of Myers Park CC will be Vice Chairman and Brian Kroh of John’s Island Club will be Secretary-Treasurer.
The Club Management Association of America (CMAA) has announced its 2019 Officers and Board of Directors. Voting for officers and directors was conducted online prior to and in-person at CMAA’s 2019 World Conference and Club Business Expo in Nashville, Tenn., Feb. 24-28. The election results were announced at the event’s Closing Business Session.
The 2019 CMAA Officers are:
- Chairman Randall “Randy” Ruder, CCM, CCE, General Manager of the Beach Point Club, Mamaroneck N.Y.;
- Vice Chairman Mark Bado, MCM, CCE, General Manager of Myers Park Country Club, Charlotte, N.C.; and
- Secretary–Treasurer Brian Kroh, CCM, General Manager of John’s Island Club, Vero Beach, Fla.; and
- Immediate Past President Robert “Bobby” Crifasi, CCM, CCE, CPA, General Manager of New Orleans Country Club, New Orleans, La.
Newly elected or re-elected as Directors are:
- Steven Buck, CCM, CCE, General Manager/COO of Shady Canyon Golf Club, Irvine, Calif. (elected to a one-year term);
- Janine Budzius, CCM, CCE, General Manager/COO of Philadelphia Country Club, Gladwyne, Pa. (elected to a three-year term);
- Mitchell Platt, MCM, CCE, General Manager of the Cosmos Club, Washington, D.C. (re-elected to a three-year term); and
- Michael Seabrook, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer of Belle Meade Country Club, Nashville, Tenn. (re-elected to a three-year term).
Directors continuing to serve on the CMAA Board are:
- Eric Dietz, CCM, CCE, PGA, General Manager and COO of Mountain Lake, Lake Wales, Fla.;
- Richard LaRocca, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer of The Country Club of Orlando, Orlando, Fla.;
- Joe Mendez, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer of Germantown Cricket Club, Philadelphia, Pa.;
- Christina Toups, CCM, CCE, General Manager of Ridglea Country Club, Fort Worth, Texas; and
- Michael S. Wheeler, MCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer of Cherokee Town & Country Club, Atlanta, Ga.
The CMAA Board of Directors is comprised of 13 club management professionals who are committed to ensuring the existence and growth of a thriving club industry led by CMAA-educated professionals, and work respectfully with staff, committees, members, partners, and the greater industry to advance the profession.