3 pound-and-a-half Maine or Canadian lobsters, poached, picked and chunky cut
20 ozs. jumbo lump crab or Peeky Toe crab meat
3 ripe avocados
1 ripe mango, sliced
1/3 English cucumber, washed and sliced into thin rounds
3 limes, filleted and juiced
2 oranges, filleted and juiced
5 to 6 ozs. citrus dressing (see recipe below)
for garnish fresh fennel flowers, dill, chervil, chive, other decorative garden herbs, pansies and microgreens
• Place lobster meat, crab and mango in a bowl over an ice bath.
• Place citrus juices in a flat stainless pan and thinly slice avocados into the juices until coated.
• Add avocado and enough citrus dressing to coat into the seafood mix.
• In 10 metal or plastic 3-inch round tian molds, build the tians, using 4 ozs. of the seafood/avocado mixture in each. Chill for a few hours.
• To present, lay the cucumber carpaccio and citrus fillets either linear on a rectangular or square plate, or in a circle in the middle of a round plate. Place the tian down and garnish with flowers, herbs and/or microgreens.
For the Citrus Dressing:
¼ cup fresh lime juice
1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. honey or raw sugar
to taste sea salt and fresh ground pepper
2 cups neutral oil or pomace (first press) olive oil
• In a plastic or stainless container, place juices, Dijon, shallot and honey or sugar. Using an immersion blender, turn on high and slowly add oil to incorporate. Season to taste. Chill.