A hazardous materials situation at Oakwood Country Club, Lynchburg, Va. drew a heavy response from Lynchburg Fire & EMS after chlorine spilled from a burst valve, authorities said.
According to the Lynchburg News and Advance, Fire and EMS crews evacuated about 30 people from the country club, said David Walton, a lifeguard at the country club’s pool.
Walton said he and two other lifeguards were in the process of closing the pool, which included adding chlorine into a valve to be released into the pool, when a valve burst. Walton estimated the pool itself lost about 20,000 gallons of water. He said no one at the country club was in the pool at the time.
Tell Us What You Think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.