Billy Casper Golf—owner/operator of golf courses in 25 states—announced its 2008 award winners during the company’s annual meeting at the World Golf Village in St. Augustine, Fla.
Company namesake and golf legend Billy Casper, a member of the PGA and World Golf halls of fame, presented the top awards in front of 250 general managers, directors of golf, course superintendents, sales managers and BCG corporate staff.
Lincoln Hills Golf Club (Calif.) received BCG’s top honor, Facility of the Year, for the best all-around performance in guest service, operations, course conditions and financial performance.
Travis Kane of Sumner Meadows Golf Links (Wash.) was named General Manager of the Year, and Bryan Barrington of The Golf Club at Oxford Greens (Conn.) was named Superintendent of the Year.
Bear Creek Golf Club (Texas) won Top Performer of the Year, and two courses—The Osprey’s at Belmont Bay (Va.) and Edgebrook Golf Course (Ill.)—were recognized as tops in guest service, winning the coveted “ACE the Guest Experience” Award.
The complete list of award winners includes:
• Facility of the Year – Lincoln Hills Golf Club (Lincoln, Calif.)
• Top Performer of the Year – Bear Creek Golf Club (Dallas, Texas)
• ACE the Guest Experience Award – The Osprey’s Golf Club (Woodbridge, Va.)
• ACE the Guest Experience Award – Edgebrook Golf Course (Chicago)
• Most Improved Facility of the Year – Heatherwoode Golf Club (Springboro, Ohio)
• Chairman’s Award – Mark Brouwer, General Manager, Lincoln Hills Golf Club (Lincoln, Calif.)
• Chairman’s Superintendent Award – Bryan Bielecki, VP of Agronomy, BCG (Vienna, Va.)
Golf Course Operations Awards
• General Manager of the Year – Travis Kane, Sumner Meadows Golf Links (Sumner, Wash.)
• Head Professional of the Year – Matt Burgess, The Golf Club at Oxford Greens (Oxford, Conn.)
• Asst. Professional of the Year – Tyrone Banks, Burnham Woods Golf Course (Burnham, Ill.)
• Salesperson of the Year – Paul Schildmeyer, Cincinnati Recreation Commission (Ohio)
• Golf Operations Rookie of the Year – Don Tillar, North Course at City Park (New Orleans, La.)
• Golf Operations Rookie of the Year – Chris Jones, Ashwood Golf Course (Apple Valley, Calif.)
• Food and Beverage Grille Operation of the Year – Bear Creek Golf Club (Dallas, Texas)
• Food and Beverage Dining Operation of the Year – Alta Vista Country Club (Placentia, Calif.)
• Golf Retail Operation of the Year – Cincinnati Recreation Commission Golf (Ohio)
• Superintendent of the Year – Bryan Barrington, The Golf Club at Oxford Greens (Oxford, Conn.)
• Asst. Superintendent of the Year – Derrick Wozniak, Rock Manor Golf Club (Wilmington, Del.)
• Most Improved Golf Course of the Year – Reeves Golf Course, Tim O’Brien (Cincinnati, Ohio)
• Agronomic Rookie of the Year – Louis Bischoff, North Course at City Park (New Orleans, La.)
• Environmental Stewardship – Stuart Hartman, Lederach Golf Club (Harleysville, Pa.)
• Bang for the Buck – Eric Hanisko, Cranbury Golf Club (West Windsor, N.J.)
• Team Player of the Year – Jorge Morales, Alta Vista Country Club (Placentia, Calif.)