1 lb. ea. candied striped and golden beets
1 cup + 4 tbsp. heavy cream
10 ozs. goat cheese
24 leaves baby arugula
2 heads baby pale frisse
4 oranges, segmented
1 red onion
1 qt. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. fennel seed
1 tbsp. celery seed
1 tbsp. sugar
½ lb. candied pecans
2 cups orange juice
1 lemon, zested
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1 tbsp. toasted cardamom
2 cups olive oil
For the Beets:
• Sous vide peeled beets in separate bags at 185º F for 1 hour.
For the Goat Cheese Mousse:
• Whip heavy cream to a stiff peak.
• Add goat cheese and a few tablespoons of heavy cream (not whipped) to the whipped cream.
• Fold together until mixture is soft and smooth.
For the Pickled Red Onion:
• Combine red wine vinegar, garlic powder, fennel seed, celery seed, sugar, salt and pepper to create the pickling brine.
• Submerge sliced red onion in brine mixture and refrigerate for 24 hours.
For the Candied Pecans:
• Boil pecans in simple syrup with cinnamon and vanilla for 45 minutes.
• Strain, then deep-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
• After frying, toss pecans in a sugar-and-cinnamon mixture. Then bake at 325º F for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
For the Citrus Cardamom Dressing:
• Combine orange juice, lemon zest, Dijon mustard, garlic and cardamom into blender and mix on medium setting.
• Slowly incorporate olive oil to mixture until emulsified.
• Season with salt and pepper to taste.