Yields 6 appetizer servings
Courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. molasses
- 1/2 cup red onion, julienned
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided Kosher salt to taste
- 1, 8-oz. ball pizza dough, proofed
- 1/2 cup Smoked cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup Smoked Gouda cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup Fontina cheese, coarsely grated
- 12 ea. shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail removed, seared until just cooked
- 6 slices applewood smoked bacon, cut in half, fried crisp
- 1 tbsp. scallions, diagonally sliced
- For the barbecue sauce: Whisk the first seven ingredients together in small bowl. Set aside.
- Makes about 2/3 cups sauce. (Reserve extra.)
- Mix red onion, vinegar, 1 tsp. olive oil and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat grill to medium high. Oil back of flat metal tray with 1 tsp. olive oil. Press dough into 12×15-inch rectangle on back of tray. Place dough side of pan directly on grill. Grill 1 minute. Gently remove tray, starting at front edge and using metal spatula if necessary.
- Continue grilling dough for about 5 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning. Flip dough and move to cooler spot on grill.
- Spread entire crust surface with barbecue sauce and top with cheeses. Place shrimp evenly over top and cook flatbread until crisp and bubbly.
- Just before removing from grill, top with bacon. Remove to cutting board and cut into 12 squares. Top with pickled red onions and scallions. Serve immediately.