Yield: About 25 3-oz. crab cakes; they can be baked, broiled or sauteed
Chef’s Note: The claw meat in this recipe gives the crab cakes a sweet flavor and unique texture. The simplicity of the ingredients is what makes them great. We serve them with just a wedge of fresh lemon.
1 lb. claw crab meat
1 lb. lump crab
1 lb. jumbo lump crab
4 whole eggs
1 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
1 tbsp. Coleman dry mustard
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
4 slices white bread (crust removed); cut in 3/8” dice
3 cups Hellman’s mayonnaise
8 scallions (chopped)
• Mix together mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and dry mustard
• Fold in beaten eggs and mix well
• Add bread cubes and scallions
• Fold in claw meat and lump crab
• Very gently fold in jumbo lump crab; be careful not to break up the large pieces of crab
• Portion into 3-oz. cakes and brown lightly in clarified butter or oil; finish in a 400-degree oven until hot
Tell Us What You Think!
You must be logged in to post a comment.